I have been let off the naughty step long enough to create and share with you a 3d card. You could also place it in a frame and give as a keepsake. The cutting file for the cake is my own design and I created it using Silhouette Studio Designer Edition Software.
MFT Stamps 'Delicious Birthday' Clear Acrylic
MFT Die-namics Steel Dies 'Sequins'
DCWV Project Stack Mini Album Papers
Centura Pearl Cardstock
8x8 Kraft Card
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
Ranger Archival Ink
American Crafts Ribbon
How it's made
1. Supplies at the ready
2. Set the design up to cut
3. Cut out the cake layers
4. Emboss using a large embossing folder
5. Run adhesive down the inside of inner strip
6. fold in the tabs ready for assembly
7. Start at the center and work to the outer edge
8. Repeat on the other side of the half circle, fold the tabs around the back to close.
9. Repeat to create the second cake half
10. put the completed cake halves to one side for later
11. Cut three layers of contrasting card stock with different edges in decreasing sizes ready to layer onto the 8 x 8 Kraft Card
12. Glue the largest base layer to the card
13. Add the medium sized layer
14. finally add the last smaller layer
15. The card is now ready to take the cake
16. Prepare the cake plate cut file
17. Cut out using patterned cardstock (I later changed it to white)
18. Fold in the tab along the edge, this will be used to adhere the plate to the card
19. Fold in the tabs of the plate trim
20. Apply Xyron glue along the edge of the plate base
21. Add the trim around the edge
22. Use the mega runner to add the plate inner base (this is cosmetic to hide the tabs)
23. The tabs are now covered and ready for the plate 'legs'
24. Apply glue to the back of the two middle 'legs'
25. Fold the middle legs in half so the line up together, then fold the two outer legs out
26. Glue to the underside of the cake plate, ensure it is centered and to the back
27. Adhere the cake stand to the card base, keep the bottom of the legs flush with the base of the easel card.
28. Glue the cake halves in place and add the trim and ribbon using the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker
29. Create sequins using the Die-namics die
30. Glue the mini gems to the center of the sequin cuts
31. Glue the sequins around the top edges of the two cake halves
32. Stamp the sentiment onto white card and spray with some Diamond Spray & Sparkle
33. Matt the sentiments onto layer of matching cardstock and tun throught the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker
34. Adhere the sentiments to the cake in the centre
35. Add some flowers and embellishments
36. Finish with some gems
Xyron products are available in the UK through Crafter's Companion
Thanks so much for stopping by today, make sure to follow Xyron on Facebook
I'm also on facebook and if you want to stop by and say hi !
See you again soon.