Show your sweetheart how much they mean to you with a gorgeous handmade card using Xyron. With added frills and an open heart, this fast and cute card will truly show you care
Silhouette Library Love Heart Die Cut
Me to You Valentine Paper (any Valentine themed paper will do)
Webster’s Pages Trim
Red Beading Wire
8”x 8” Card Blank
How it’s made
1. To create the paper straws cut thirty 1” x 8” Strips of paper, (five strips from six different patterned papers)
2. Apply glue with the Xyron Glue Stick along strip and roll from the edge into a straw shape. Repeat for all strips of paper and leave to dry.
3. Die Cut the Love Heart design in both white and red. Then using it as a template place it on the card blank and trace around the inside of the heart. Cut out the heart from the card blank.
4. Trim a sheet of the darker paper to fit on the inside of the card blank and run it through the Xyron 9” Creative Station and then place it on the inside of the card.
5. On the front of the card apply glue with the glue stick, working a small strip across at a time. Start placing the paper straws onto the front of the card all the way down until you come to the heart aperture.
6. To place the straws around the heart aperture you will need to mark each straw and cut with a scissors, work your way to the bottom.
7. Run the white ‘Love Heart’ Die cut through the Xyron 5” Creative Station and adhere to the red die cut and using the glue stick around the edges place it over the aperture on the card.
8. To finish run a strip of the Webster’s Pages trim through the 5” Creative Station and place on the front of the card and decorate with wire swirls and gems.