World 'Draw a Bird Day'

Hey did you know that today was world 'Draw a Bird' Day?.  Neither did I until recently !!!!, So to mark the day I have made a 12 x 12 Mixed Media project using Xyron, Canvas Corp and Ken Oliver Color Burst.



Supplies


How it's made

I sketch and colored a wee little Birdy


On the mixed media board I used the Sepia, Burnt Orange and Lemon Yellow Color Burst first, while wet I then added the Metallic Sky, Metallic Jade and Metallic Copper.

I spritzed the 6x6 papers with a little Burnt Orange Color Burst mixed with water before putting it through the Large Creative Station and placed it on the media board.


I took a tweezers and peeled back parts of the edges to distress, then taking the blue 6x6 paper I crumpled it first before distressing and ripping the edges.  I took the sketch and trimmed it down, ran it through the Creative Station Lite then placed it onto a piece of 6x6 blue paper that I had distressed before adding it to the media board over the yellow base paper.


Print of the quote, I had it cut into strips a little too early but they still went through the Xyron Creative Station Lite easily, then while on the backing paper I spritzed them with the mist, cut into pieces and placed them on the media board.


I added the finishing touches by creating a frame from some DCWV corrigated paper and Burlap, adding Prima embellishments and the 7Gypsies rubbings.



Xyron Products are available in the UK through Crafter's Companion

I am also on facebook, pop on over and say hello




Comments

Popular Posts